Sunday, February 1, 2015

Why Do We Pray?



Why do we pray?

1. God has always wanted to be close to us but because we are as filthy rags and our sins have separated us from being close to God. Through Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins and transgressions He allowed us to get closer to God through Jesus Christ.

2. To glorify God in thanks for God's greatest gift Jesus Christ "I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son" (John 14:13)

3. For comfort in a time of need when Jesus was in His greatest time of need He turned to prayer.

4. To feel God's presences to know God directly through our lives as Christians.

5. To experience God's forgiveness that God might know our willingness to do better. If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment